Login Register




Poll: Are you in favor?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
66.67%
2 66.67%
No
33.33%
1 33.33%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]



Moderate certain members' posts filter_list
Author
Message
RE: Moderate certain members' posts #3
(04-18-2018, 04:26 AM)mothered Wrote: You're quite correct that from a staff member's standpoint, It's not physically possible to sift through each and every post. Inclusive of myself, there's only 4 staff members who have elevated privileges In the capacity of editing and deleting posts In all forums. To make our job easier, I believe this Is what needs to be addressed:
Quote:I've seen a few people complain about members who routinely post LQ content such as bumping their own sales threads 10 times in 2 days, flaming, etc. These posts ultimately need to be reported to staff

If members simply hit the Report button the moment a post Is deemed unacceptable, the burden we face as staff will significantly alleviate.

Quote:I suggest we give permissions to moderate these posts to the Diamond group (or other)

There's only ex-amount of members In the Diamond group (and the same with others)- some of which are not as active, so (assuming this has been Implemented), the effectiveness  may not serve It's role. Moreover, the competency In their decision-making Is of utmost Importance. It's one thing wearing the Diamond brand, and another to ascertain posts In an effective manner, thus making the "correct decision" when action Is taken on a given post.

Those are very good points, and I took them into account when I made this thread. I'm assuming members are reporting posts, but that wasn't the burden I was trying to solve. The burden was members who are repeat offenders. These people would be placed into the moderated group for say 5 days per offense in leiu of a temporary ban (which may just drive the member away rather than serve to correct). The final decisions could always be made by a staff member, but I think for the majority of these posts our regular members could be trusted with the simple question of "is this a shitpost?"

I wasn't suggesting giving any members other than staff the permissions to edit, delete, or take moderator actions on posts. The only permission this solution would grant the select group is to either approve or reject posts from the moderation queue. In mybb, users that are marked "moderated" can post as normal, but their posts won't actually show up until they've been approved from this queue. Of course, all of these actions are logged in mcp, so if there ever was an issue it would be known to staff.

As for the group of users, I only chose Diamond to demonstrate the level at which the users should be before they are given access to this. Perhaps it could just be a new group that is created and maintained by a staff member, making the functional purpose of the group an "assistant". These are just spitball ideas though, and I'm sure they have real problems. Your input in this is a very helpful resource, since I have no idea how often or difficult this problem becomes.






Messages In This Thread
Moderate certain members' posts - by phyrrus9 - 04-18-2018, 03:46 AM
RE: Moderate certain members' posts - by mothered - 04-18-2018, 04:26 AM
RE: Moderate certain members' posts - by phyrrus9 - 04-18-2018, 04:35 AM
RE: Moderate certain members' posts - by mothered - 04-18-2018, 04:52 AM
RE: Moderate certain members' posts - by Oni - 04-18-2018, 05:20 AM
RE: Moderate certain members' posts - by phyrrus9 - 04-18-2018, 05:24 AM
RE: Moderate certain members' posts - by Oni - 04-18-2018, 05:34 AM
RE: Moderate certain members' posts - by Bish0pQ - 04-18-2018, 12:09 PM
RE: Moderate certain members' posts - by Ecks - 04-19-2018, 03:08 AM
RE: Moderate certain members' posts - by Oni - 04-19-2018, 03:29 AM
RE: Moderate certain members' posts - by phyrrus9 - 04-19-2018, 04:48 AM
RE: Moderate certain members' posts - by aabee - 04-23-2018, 10:24 AM