RE: Which is the best OS? 04-17-2018, 01:23 AM
#15
(04-16-2018, 07:46 PM)Synthx Wrote:(04-16-2018, 07:40 PM)sarcrates Wrote:(04-16-2018, 04:18 PM)Synthx Wrote: Very true, it's gotten kinda bad recently with all that security bullshit. Me and @phyrrus9 were talking about it one day, and he said it's just a way for them to distract the skido's from the real vulns, and I agree with that a little.
A lot of what they've had to fix lately just seems like carelessness.
I really hope their next version will revive what I used to love about macOS. Those days might be gone.
To make the thread more interesting, I shall ask.. What did you love about macOS back in the day?
Back in the day MacOS was the perfect union of Linux and Windows capabilities, with some remnants of UNIX left in. Of course, I'm talking pre-10.6 here. It was just so easy to do anything I wanted without ever needing to dual boot or anything. If I did need to have a dual boot, fusion made that a piece of cake. And if I had an app that was BSD or Linux native, Xorg handled the graphics (was pre-installed back then), XNU had the BSD kernel space written in, and the BSD kernel space had the Linux API in it, so all I had to do was use a Mach-O compat layer for ELF files. Now it's a little more complicated.


























![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)