RE: How To Start Programming For Beginners 02-08-2018, 11:28 PM
#26
(02-08-2018, 10:43 PM)IC3 Wrote: I got what you're saying and I agree but we're not all OS developers, and as I said each programming language has its own purpose.. Of course C and low level languages are the fastest but today we have all these programming languages for compatibility reasons, Java was built to run it everywhere (write once, run everywhere or something similar lol), Python almost the same but it's simpler and powerful, C++ just C but OOP.
Why would Java die? We have PHP and Javascript that are shit too but they're the most used and won't die soon for sure.
Also for example we can build games with Java, C++ but I doubt we will use C/Python/Go for this purpose lol. So IMO there are different "best" languages, but it depends on the context which is better than another.
That's not true. First of all, you don't need to be an OS dev to understand how to interface with an OS (meaning writing a program that uses more than your own code). At the end of the day, your code (no matter what language) relies on C, therefore to be most compatible, you use C.
Java was not written to run everywhere (and it doesn't). In fact, it runs almost nowhere (the only exception I know to this is a select few ARM processors that support Java). Java is not a programming language, it is a platform. Think of running a virtual machine that emulates both a CPU and an OS, and then writing all your code for that, that's what Java is.
By far, and since the 60's, C is the best language hands down in almost everything. Full stop.



























![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)