Login Register




Poll: Experiences with WinXP
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
My computer is on WinXP <3 I love it
20.00%
1 20.00%
Good
60.00%
3 60.00%
Bad
20.00%
1 20.00%
Would never use again, I hate it
0%
0 0%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]



Experiences with Windows XP? filter_list
Author
Message
RE: Experiences with Windows XP? #22
XP was the first version of Windows I really got to know due to not being that old, and I mean it got heavy use from me before 7 came out (We had Vista on one machine but I only used it to play Crysis since it had a nice video card in it for the time) and I left it behind for 95% of everything.

Nowadays, XP may be an ugly little OS (I can't say I enjoy the toy-like feel to it) but man, it handles a ton for me - I have a nice Thinkpad A31p which gets used a by me being that the UltraBay can do everything from floppies to DVD, there's serial/parallel connections with a Dock II on it to interface with old stuff, and it just works smooth. Sure there was a small struggle getting XP to run my screen at a full resolution, but man once I got it working it just ties all of those old bits together that I want with an OS that just does what I want it to without dragging my system down, letting me do everything I need to do with that Thinkpad. I have yet to have any more issues and that's exactly what I wanted - I tried loading Win7 as the thing should be able to run it, but I just lose 50% of my speed and all of my legacy compatibility with programs that I purposefully need that Thinkpad to run, so XP is just the way for me to go.

XP is by no means my favorite OS, but it's not a bad OS - I wouldn't give up my modern OSes for it by any means, but I wouldn't give it up for most any alternatives nowadays for what I use it with. It used to do everything I wanted just fine, and it still does on anything I have ranging from a Pentium III and upward.
airgames, on 08 Dec 2014 - 5:24 PM, said:
close this discussion of dick !!
I broke !!
thanks

'backin89', on 22 Dec 2010 - 6:40 PM, said:
Igot your fucking crackpipe bitch. i dont even smoke cigarrettes. i hope you all sleep in the fucking cold

Reply





Messages In This Thread
Experiences with Windows XP? - by xlz0CPP - 11-24-2017, 05:51 AM
RE: Experiences with Windows XP? - by mothered - 11-24-2017, 06:11 AM
RE: Experiences with Windows XP? - by xlz0CPP - 11-24-2017, 07:24 AM
RE: Experiences with Windows XP? - by mothered - 11-24-2017, 09:52 AM
RE: Experiences with Windows XP? - by xlz0CPP - 11-24-2017, 10:19 PM
RE: Experiences with Windows XP? - by mothered - 11-25-2017, 03:50 AM
RE: Experiences with Windows XP? - by xlz0CPP - 11-25-2017, 06:54 PM
RE: Experiences with Windows XP? - by Jiggly - 11-24-2017, 01:02 PM
RE: Experiences with Windows XP? - by xlz0CPP - 11-24-2017, 10:21 PM
RE: Experiences with Windows XP? - by jemf1982 - 11-24-2017, 01:44 PM
RE: Experiences with Windows XP? - by mothered - 11-24-2017, 02:45 PM
RE: Experiences with Windows XP? - by Jiggly - 11-24-2017, 03:19 PM
RE: Experiences with Windows XP? - by jemf1982 - 11-24-2017, 03:22 PM
RE: Experiences with Windows XP? - by jemf1982 - 11-24-2017, 03:22 PM
RE: Experiences with Windows XP? - by Jiggly - 11-25-2017, 12:08 AM
RE: Experiences with Windows XP? - by Skullmeat - 11-25-2017, 09:59 PM
RE: Experiences with Windows XP? - by mothered - 11-26-2017, 02:26 AM
RE: Experiences with Windows XP? - by Skullmeat - 11-26-2017, 02:28 AM
RE: Experiences with Windows XP? - by mothered - 11-26-2017, 02:39 AM
RE: Experiences with Windows XP? - by xlz0CPP - 11-26-2017, 04:00 AM
RE: Experiences with Windows XP? - by Skullmeat - 11-26-2017, 03:44 AM
RE: Experiences with Windows XP? - by mothered - 11-26-2017, 09:41 AM
RE: Experiences with Windows XP? - by BurritoBeans - 11-26-2017, 04:50 AM
RE: Experiences with Windows XP? - by Skullmeat - 11-26-2017, 05:04 AM