Login Register




Poll: Experiences with WinXP
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
My computer is on WinXP <3 I love it
20.00%
1 20.00%
Good
60.00%
3 60.00%
Bad
20.00%
1 20.00%
Would never use again, I hate it
0%
0 0%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]



Experiences with Windows XP? filter_list
Author
Message
RE: Experiences with Windows XP? #11
(11-24-2017, 09:52 AM)mothered Wrote:
(11-24-2017, 07:24 AM)xlz0CPP Wrote: The laptop's processor doesn't support 64bit operations, otherwise I already would've had it installed.

I enjoy Windows 7 the most, to be honest, but I caved / conformed and on my newer laptop's I installed Windows 10.

The thing that excites me the most about XP is the exploitability. 70-80% (Completely made-up number, no facts to prove it) of Windows exploits  can be used on Windows XP. It's just fun to bootup a VM and fuck shit up.

Fair enough with your CPU not supporting the 64 bit architecture. My offer of XP was/Is there In case of need.

Every OS Is exploitable, some more so than others. For testing and customization purposes, I also ran XP on a VM , namely Virtual PC 2007 back then. Nowadays, given my CPU well and truly supports SLAT (Second Level Address Translation) Inclusive of the edition of Windows, I use the native VM being Hyper-V and VMware Workstation on other lappies.

On your Windows 10 machines, what specs are they running?

One laptop doesn't work, but my main laptop just has a AMD A8 APU. Came with windows 8, so, mostly modern but not "the latest and greatest." Nothing to brag about but I got it for free.

WindowsXP is known for being the worst of the bunch when it comes to exploitability, that's all I meant.

Reply





Messages In This Thread
Experiences with Windows XP? - by xlz0CPP - 11-24-2017, 05:51 AM
RE: Experiences with Windows XP? - by mothered - 11-24-2017, 06:11 AM
RE: Experiences with Windows XP? - by xlz0CPP - 11-24-2017, 07:24 AM
RE: Experiences with Windows XP? - by mothered - 11-24-2017, 09:52 AM
RE: Experiences with Windows XP? - by xlz0CPP - 11-24-2017, 10:19 PM
RE: Experiences with Windows XP? - by mothered - 11-25-2017, 03:50 AM
RE: Experiences with Windows XP? - by xlz0CPP - 11-25-2017, 06:54 PM
RE: Experiences with Windows XP? - by Jiggly - 11-24-2017, 01:02 PM
RE: Experiences with Windows XP? - by xlz0CPP - 11-24-2017, 10:21 PM
RE: Experiences with Windows XP? - by jemf1982 - 11-24-2017, 01:44 PM
RE: Experiences with Windows XP? - by mothered - 11-24-2017, 02:45 PM
RE: Experiences with Windows XP? - by Jiggly - 11-24-2017, 03:19 PM
RE: Experiences with Windows XP? - by jemf1982 - 11-24-2017, 03:22 PM
RE: Experiences with Windows XP? - by jemf1982 - 11-24-2017, 03:22 PM
RE: Experiences with Windows XP? - by Jiggly - 11-25-2017, 12:08 AM
RE: Experiences with Windows XP? - by Skullmeat - 11-25-2017, 09:59 PM
RE: Experiences with Windows XP? - by mothered - 11-26-2017, 02:26 AM
RE: Experiences with Windows XP? - by Skullmeat - 11-26-2017, 02:28 AM
RE: Experiences with Windows XP? - by mothered - 11-26-2017, 02:39 AM
RE: Experiences with Windows XP? - by xlz0CPP - 11-26-2017, 04:00 AM
RE: Experiences with Windows XP? - by Skullmeat - 11-26-2017, 03:44 AM
RE: Experiences with Windows XP? - by mothered - 11-26-2017, 09:41 AM
RE: Experiences with Windows XP? - by Skullmeat - 11-26-2017, 05:04 AM