RE: I want to start learning C or C+ 10-23-2017, 06:06 PM
#16
(10-23-2017, 06:05 PM)Mystique Wrote:(10-23-2017, 06:02 PM)phyrrus9 Wrote:(10-23-2017, 05:59 PM)Mystique Wrote: Ah alright. Yah I see.
Yeah. But with how modern programming languages have developed, they could have rewritten their entire thing in PowerShell (which I did in the beginning, took about 70 lines, ran 3x as fast as theirs), or write a core in C# and then make a 15 line program for each new client (which is what I did for the final product, ran 20x as fast as theirs).
I'm pretty sure companies like taking the easy way when it comes to many things.
But the easy way was literally just listening to me and taking the software I wrote for them, for free, and on my own time. Instead they fired me for deviating from the norm too much and writing custom software (they have a no custom software policy)



























![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)