Login Register






When you know more than the sales team filter_list
Author
Message
When you know more than the sales team #1
Just got a new phone today, and discovered the sales lady is more technologically illiterate than me (that's a first).

I was looking at the Samsung Galaxy J3 Prime as it was a pretty cheap option. Sales lady obviously wants to tempt me and starts mentioning specs. She says "This has 16GB of memory". I thought, nice, and asked "But I can put an SD card in there for more right?" (another reason I can't stand apple, no way to add an sd card). She looks at me funny and says something like "Well yes, but I mean the CPU is fast so you have 16GB of memory". Now I'm really confused and asked "Do you mean RAM!?" and she says "yeah!" - Clearly doesn't know the difference and that CPU and RAM are not the same component...

Also, pray tell, why would a mobile phone have 16GB of RAM?

This lead me to google if a phone with 16GB of RAM is on the horizon. The answer is: Yes. In 2018 this not so little beasty is coming:
[Image: 4GNsK67.png]

Reply





Messages In This Thread
When you know more than the sales team - by Jiggly - 10-14-2017, 09:00 PM