Login Register






Sinisterly Standalone Application filter_list
Author
Message
Sinisterly Standalone Application #1
As I do not currently know Swift, or AppleScript really well, I was wondering how I could make an application that is strictly for displaying a webpage. So, upon doing a quick google search, I fell upon this: Nativefier
It works on Mac, Windows, and Linux. Here are up and downsides to this:

Upsides:
[+] No URL/NAV bar meaning a better fullscreen.
[+] Easily get to SL without having to have a browser open.

Downsides:
[-] No forward and back buttons. You can still use the SL logo to go back to the home page.
[-] When navigating between pages, the page flashes white for about half of a second give or take a few milliseconds.
[-] Since the application is not a web browser, some pop-up buttons don't actually work, for example, when I was trying to click the url button in the editor, nothing was showing up to paste the link. You can substitute this with mycode like the following:
Code:
[url=https://url-goes-here.com/]Text you would like displayed here (Optional)[/url]
[-] Can't re-style the page like you could with Stylish or similar programs.
[-] The only way I can really think of actually copying the link of the current page you are on is right clicking and clicking "Open with default browser".

I really like this, although I don't like a few of the downsides, but I can deal with that. You can use this "program" nativefier for any website, I just made this thread about using it with Sinisterly. When I ran it, and it compiled the application and all, it didn't put SL's logo as the icon or anything, so I manually did that.


Mac: Mega Download
SHA1 = c541f0198b5fa4d6c313e6074f5d78811c7cf0e4
Virus Total Scan

Windows 32-bit Thanks to @Nytelife26 for compiling!: Mega Download
SHA1 = 272e2ee9c0efc827561bdad68668b0f2088ddc7b
Virus Total Scan

Windows 64-bit Thanks to @Nytelife26 for compiling!: Mega Download
SHA1 = cfffdef7053ca714965c6ba5cb6967a28732b0c9
Virus Total Scan

Hope you guys enjoy this!
(This post was last modified: 09-28-2017, 09:52 PM by Synthx.)
[Image: ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif]
#yellowheartsforsarah

Reply





Messages In This Thread
Sinisterly Standalone Application - by Synthx - 09-28-2017, 05:11 PM
RE: Sinisterly Standalone Application - by Synthx - 09-28-2017, 05:59 PM
RE: Sinisterly Standalone Application - by Synthx - 09-28-2017, 06:04 PM
RE: Sinisterly Standalone Application - by Synthx - 09-28-2017, 06:33 PM
RE: Sinisterly Standalone Application - by Ecks - 09-28-2017, 06:41 PM
RE: Sinisterly Standalone Application - by Synthx - 09-28-2017, 06:49 PM
RE: Sinisterly Standalone Application - by Synthx - 09-28-2017, 09:49 PM
RE: Sinisterly Standalone Application - by Drako - 09-28-2017, 11:05 PM
RE: Sinisterly Standalone Application - by Drako - 09-29-2017, 04:25 PM