RE: CCleaner infected with malware 09-22-2017, 09:16 AM
#27
===Update===
Apperently it was indeed targeting bigger companies like samsung and cisco etc... to obtain sensitive information from those companies. It is worse than they thought though because it contained a second backdoor or something (I read something about it this morning, I will add sources when I can), so it's not over yet.
Some sources also reported that the code was very good developed and that a lot of time/money was put into this malware. They also reported that there is a high possibilty they'll use it again.
@al68, @FreightTrain, @Imagined Self
Just removing the program WILL NOT remove the malware. Use something like Malwarebytes to clean out the malware.
Apperently it was indeed targeting bigger companies like samsung and cisco etc... to obtain sensitive information from those companies. It is worse than they thought though because it contained a second backdoor or something (I read something about it this morning, I will add sources when I can), so it's not over yet.
Some sources also reported that the code was very good developed and that a lot of time/money was put into this malware. They also reported that there is a high possibilty they'll use it again.
@al68, @FreightTrain, @Imagined Self
Just removing the program WILL NOT remove the malware. Use something like Malwarebytes to clean out the malware.
~~ Might be back? ~~














![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)