RE: What Are Your Specs? 08-14-2017, 07:39 AM
#66
(08-14-2017, 07:32 AM)God Wrote:(08-14-2017, 07:12 AM)phyrrus9 Wrote:(08-14-2017, 06:38 AM)mothered Wrote: Very Impressive.
Have you benchmarked It? Not only would the results be Interesting, but also how they compare with others who have submitted online.
Yes, I have. 100th percentile for CPU is pretty neat. See results here
Note: I have a few failing components (unfortunately), but eventually I'll replace the failing NVMe drive (which is still performing seriously better than a SATA SSD), and get more enthusiast-grade memory.
How much did you spend on your setup?
And does anyone know the exact meaning of some peoples specs in the cli program that show RAM as xxxx MiB/ xxxx MiB? I would assume two different drives but seem to small to be separated.
I started this build as
a cheap ass case
a small form factor MSI motherboard
a phenom II x4 cpu
a 400W PSU
24GB of mismatched 1333mhz memory
and a GTX295
I've since evolved more than 5 times, leaving me with 5 fully functional systems including this one. So, it's hard to really put a definitive number on it. Overall, I've probably spent about $4,300 on this build (including all the past components). Doing just straight division (not accurate), it should have costed about $860 for this build. One thing I have to mention is, I didn't buy all these components from retailers. Many pieces I found on craigslist in their own builds and just mixed and matched them to lower my costs.



























![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)