RE: Windows Built-in Firewall help for VirtualBox and VMWare 08-02-2017, 07:06 AM
#7
(08-02-2017, 06:39 AM)Asura Wrote: The guest OS' is left with default settings so it's still "fresh". I did not perform any configurations at all as of yet.
When I disable the firewall on the Host, I am able to connect to the Internet with the Guest OS. If I enable the firewall on the Host, the guest OS cannot connect to the net but the Host still can connect to the net along with the applications I have created outbound rules for on the Host. It's just with both VirtualBox and VMWare is what I am having issues with regarding net connectivity with the guest OS.
Apologies if my explanations are a bit unclear. I am trying the best of my abilities to provide the details. Nonetheless, thank you for your time and patience.
No need to apologize, you've explained your situation perfectly clear.
So It seems like It's a firewall Issue (on the Host) that's preventing the Guest OS (VM) to connect to the net. Just adding to everything above, In the "Network and Sharing Center" (on the Host OS), enable all sharing options (network discovery, file and printer sharing etc) and see what happens. If need be, do the same on the Guest OS. Communication with the firewall on the Host Is not happening with the Guest (hence no Internet access on the VM), so I just want to make sure that all sharing options between the two have been exhausted.














![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)