Login Register






Tutorial macOS application not verifying. filter_list
Author
Message
macOS application not verifying. #1
Hello! Today I was trying to open Xcode, and while doing so, it was refusing to verify. It just gets stuck here:
[Image: 41333a4ef7b62cc4e8e5dc42534f9ac7.png]
Well, I was asking around, and @phyrrus9 was telling me since Apple changed the archive to "encrypted zip archive", it was gonna take ages for my mac to do it. I was trying to get Xcode 8.1, because my mac isn't updated to the most recent, so the App Store wouldn't let me download it. So, I had to get it from https://developer.apple.com/download/more
I was really needing to get Xcode so I could simulate an iPhone for testing purposes. So, upon googling the issue, I found a little something that is nice. If you know for a matter of fact that you have an application that is trusted for example, my Xcode from the official apple developer website., you can run this command in Terminal:
Code:
xattr -d com.apple.quarantine '/Directory/to/Application/here'
Once done, you can now successfully open the application, and it wont try to verify the app.
You can do this for any application, I don't recommend doing it for an application that you downloaded from other websites.
Hope this helped you out. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me, or reply below. I suggest leaving a reply below, in-case someone else has the same question.
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2017, 03:16 PM by Synthx.)
[Image: ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif]
#yellowheartsforsarah

Reply





Messages In This Thread
macOS application not verifying. - by Synthx - 05-09-2017, 03:16 PM
RE: macOS application not verifying. - by BORW3 - 05-10-2017, 11:00 AM
RE: macOS application not verifying. - by Synthx - 05-10-2017, 01:21 PM