Login Register






Since when is negative NSP a thing? filter_list
Author
Message
RE: Since when is negative NSP a thing? #11
(03-28-2017, 03:43 AM)DarkMuse Wrote:
(03-27-2017, 02:21 AM)Zenith Wrote: It's a bug that happens when someone bets / uses credits, then after they use the credits the posts / threads they created get removed.

The post being deleted tells the Newpoints (that's the plugin being used) to remove -1 (or -3 if it's a thread) from a profile. The Newpoints plugin sees that there are less points than it has to remove. (I'm really bad at explaining)

For example. Let's say I had 2 credits because I donated all of them to @MyNameJeff or someone. If one of my threads were to be deleted, the Newpoints plugin would automatically think "okay. I need to remove 3 NSP from Zeniths profile. But oh look. He only has 2 NSP"

If there wasn't - numbers added, there would be an underflow which would give the user either an "error", or an infinite amount of Newpoints.

So why not just have a check for 0 nsp??

Idk yell at the Creator
I think it's because the Newpoints plugin is pretty simple, and something like 1-2= -1. I don't think the guy ever made a "stop at 0" patch since there have been other sites with the same issue.
Who Knows?

Reply





Messages In This Thread
Since when is negative NSP a thing? - by Blink - 03-27-2017, 02:15 AM
RE: Since when is negative NSP a thing? - by zenith - 03-28-2017, 03:49 AM
RE: Since when is negative NSP a thing? - by pvnk - 03-27-2017, 07:15 PM