RE: Discord purge 03-16-2017, 12:49 AM
#23
Purge: I would be in agreement with doing a purge, for sure!
Non SL-members: Although, I still vote no to preventing non-SL members joining. Yes, we will get more trolls, but we have to remember, the discord is just a place to chat off-site. Back in the day when we used Skype, it was like the gutter of SL, as it was supposed to be. It allowed people to do stupid stuff (within reason) that they wouldn't normally be able to do on the site. While the current discord channels function differently than the old Skype did, it's still very informal. I actually only joined SL because of the old Skype chat.
Usernames not matching: Many people may not realise it's a rule. As part of the purge process, we could either message them and warn them, or have Oni change it manually to match the site.
Staff workload: I like the suggestion of having chat specific mods to do that if workload really is a problem. However, at the end of the day, that is just part of being staff. It's a voluntary position, and if it's too much to keep up with - contact me.
Non SL-members: Although, I still vote no to preventing non-SL members joining. Yes, we will get more trolls, but we have to remember, the discord is just a place to chat off-site. Back in the day when we used Skype, it was like the gutter of SL, as it was supposed to be. It allowed people to do stupid stuff (within reason) that they wouldn't normally be able to do on the site. While the current discord channels function differently than the old Skype did, it's still very informal. I actually only joined SL because of the old Skype chat.
Usernames not matching: Many people may not realise it's a rule. As part of the purge process, we could either message them and warn them, or have Oni change it manually to match the site.
Staff workload: I like the suggestion of having chat specific mods to do that if workload really is a problem. However, at the end of the day, that is just part of being staff. It's a voluntary position, and if it's too much to keep up with - contact me.
![[Image: 4GNsK67.png]](http://i.imgur.com/4GNsK67.png)























![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)