Login Register






[SUGGESTION] Formatting and Embedding filter_list
Author
Message
[SUGGESTION] Formatting and Embedding #1
(02-08-2017, 05:47 PM)Hoss Wrote:
Formatting and Embedding

Okay, so I was thinking that some more formatting/embedding options would be very nice, it would take a bit of work, but be totally worth it in the end.

Formatting
  • With BBCode
Formatting with BBCode is fine, it's just a forum after all, but I would like to see syntax highlighting for many languages like C/C++, Python, Go, JavaScript, etc. by using a specifier on the language type (maybe use PrismJS?).
Example:
Code:
[code=go] This would be syntax highlighting for Go [code/]
  • With Markdown
This is something I always wanted to see on forums, the option to format with Markdown instead of BBCode. I would definitely like to see GitHub flavored Markdown, but just the normal spec version would be fine too.

Embedding
  • Pastebin
Sometimes it's just easier to throw a bit of code on Pastebin, or maybe it's just already there. It would be nice to have a "pastebin" bbcode tag. If this were implemented I think they should be in spoilers.
Example:
Code:
[pastebin=http://pastebin.com/1t71AKEb]Spoiler Text[/pastebin]
  • IDE One... or something like that
IDE One is an online compiler for many different languages where you can paste your code into the browser and click run, then share a link to the mini-project with friends. This is very helpful when you are trying to help someone understand your code  or you are trying to make a tutorial and was a piece of code someone can run without downloading a compiler.
Example:
Code:
[ideone=http://ideone.com/uZjnq8][/ideone]


Maybe there are other things that could be embedded? Leave thoughts and suggestions below, drop a like if you think any of this is dope.
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2017, 06:57 PM by Hoss.)
this forum is dead






Messages In This Thread
[SUGGESTION] Formatting and Embedding - by Hoss - 02-08-2017, 05:47 PM