RE: What should I know about Kali? 12-30-2016, 10:26 PM
#17
(12-30-2016, 10:19 PM)WiFi Wrote: the reason I was saying to not use first time if you're new to Linux is because some users find it overwhelming especially with the additional toolbox and modules. I usually recommend beginners to use Debian so they can familiarize themselves with Linux in general, and the terminal.
That's pretty solid reasoning; I remember my first time using Kali around two years back when I wasn't very familiar with Linux. It was pretty distracting and I didn't end up learning much. Any user-friendly Debian distro (Ubuntu specifically, hooray for LTS) or a simple RHEL-based system like CentOS is a good place to start.
Edit: if you hate yourself, go with Arch or Gentoo right off the bat
(This post was last modified: 12-30-2016, 10:27 PM by Inori.)
It's often the outcasts, the iconoclasts ... those who have the least to lose because they
don't have much in the first place, who feel the new currents and ride them the farthest.
don't have much in the first place, who feel the new currents and ride them the farthest.
















![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)