Login Register






Virtual Reality filter_list
Author
Message
RE: Virtual Reality #7
(12-20-2016, 07:05 AM)dudemanjo404 Wrote:
(12-20-2016, 06:50 AM)insidious Wrote: I got a chance at a Hackathon recently to try out the Oculus, and Samsungs VR( Forget the name).

It was really awesome! If i were to recomend to get one, get one with triangulation/positional tracking, because the shitty ones who don't (like Samsungs VR) take you out of it. Doesn't "feel" as real as the Oculus does.

I was also able to write a small simple demo app with the Oculus and Leap Motion, and it's really not as difficult as some would imagine (although if you get into some crazy shit it gets much, much more difficult.

I really hope to get an oculus some day, but er, they kind of expensive for what you get atm.

I have the HTC Vive, it is to my knowledge the better (and more expensive) one you can. It's amazing though, you legit forget you aren't in the game sometimes, depending on how realistic they tried to make it. I can say I've hit my walls a few times, lol. Tongue

I think I would genuinely pay to see someone I know walk headfirst into a wall with one of those on xD

In all seriousness, that's awesome that you have it! Would love to try something like that one day!
[Image: 4GNsK67.png]

Reply





Messages In This Thread
Virtual Reality - by dudemanjo404 - 12-20-2016, 06:36 AM
RE: Virtual Reality - by insidious - 12-20-2016, 06:50 AM
RE: Virtual Reality - by dudemanjo404 - 12-20-2016, 07:05 AM
RE: Virtual Reality - by insidious - 12-20-2016, 07:18 AM
RE: Virtual Reality - by dudemanjo404 - 12-20-2016, 07:21 AM
RE: Virtual Reality - by Nil - 12-20-2016, 07:31 AM
RE: Virtual Reality - by dudemanjo404 - 12-20-2016, 07:38 AM
RE: Virtual Reality - by Jiggly - 12-20-2016, 07:36 AM
RE: Virtual Reality - by dudemanjo404 - 12-20-2016, 07:39 AM
RE: Virtual Reality - by Jiggly - 12-20-2016, 09:10 PM
RE: Virtual Reality - by fivesquared - 11-13-2018, 01:41 AM