Login Register






How Has Learning a Linux Distro Positively Impacted You? filter_list
Author
Message
RE: How Has Learning a Linux Distro Positively Impacted You? #16
(12-18-2016, 06:32 PM)Mystique Wrote: Its what got me motivated to actually learn to program rather than game.

I relate with this on a spiritual level. There are barely any games for Linux and it really helps me focus when i'm doing work. Nowadays literally the only thing I log in to windows for is to Game or use Photoshop.

Linux has helped me tremendously in my Computer Science major at University. I started using linux Junior year of highschool and learned it pretty well by the time I graduated.

My universities servers use Linux, many classes are focused on programming in C or assembly and linux is absolutely the best environment for that kind of development. The OS class I just took used MINIX as an example OS and, guess what, MINIX uses a variation of the UNIX kernel. Already being familiar with alot of the functions of Linux made OS a breeze.

Linux introduced me to so many amazing dev tools: git, gcc, cc, i3 (for productivity), vim, and the entire OSS community, weeb wallpapers. That was invaluable and is helping me to this day in ways Windows never could
[Image: pBD38Xq.png]
Email: insidious@protonmail.ch

[+] 3 users Like insidious's post
Reply





Messages In This Thread
RE: How Has Learning a Linux Distro Positively Impacted You? - by insidious - 12-18-2016, 08:55 PM