Login Register






Queue Implementation filter_list
Author
Message
RE: Queue Implementation #12
You just took half of my post and compared it to my full post to point out that it contradicts itself. It's only getting off topic because you've chosen to turn this into a grammar issue. Meanwhile, I'm pretty sure that most other people have the common sense to see that a stack modified to be FIFO would essentially be more of a queue.

>> does not make it any more of a simile, or any more of a metaphor, either. I'm not sure the point you're trying to make there is.
You aren't able to comprehend what a FIFO-based stack might mean? :/ Not my problem you're closed minded. It is a metaphor, you can't claim to be a grammar nazi and not understand what a metaphor is.

If you're too stubborn to see that I called it a stack with FIFO functionality then you're just being silly here. There's no contradiction because a datastructure can't really be FIFO and LIFO at the same time. The queue definition pretty much matches that of a stack in the context of FIFO functionality instead of LIFO. I've tried pointing this out more than once now but you're just being childish about the matter. Let's not forget who started this argument.

The fact that a stack is LIFO is irrelevant because I've stated that it is a stack with FIFO instead of LIFO functionality, which is exactly what the definition of a queue is. You're saying I can't use a manipulated definition of a stack because it's LIFO even though I've specifically stated the difference was FIFO rather than LIFO in the second half of my definition, which is both ridiculous, and foolish.

edit: With the same logic you've been using against me. I don't see a reason why you wouldn't argue with someone making a statement such as "_____ is Taylor Swift but with more of a hip-hop feel" about the fact that they aren't Taylor Swift, even though it's obviously being used just an example for someone to use as a reference. Btw, that's a metaphor, and there's a difference between a metaphor and a direct comparison.
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2016, 03:12 AM by bitm0de.)
- mostly braindead monkeys on this forum.

Reply





Messages In This Thread
Queue Implementation - by DarkMuse - 11-28-2016, 01:49 AM
RE: Queue Implementation - by insidious - 11-28-2016, 04:54 AM
RE: Queue Implementation - by DarkMuse - 11-28-2016, 04:33 PM
RE: Queue Implementation - by insidious - 11-28-2016, 05:58 PM
RE: Queue Implementation - by bitm0de - 11-29-2016, 08:05 AM
RE: Queue Implementation - by insidious - 11-29-2016, 09:45 PM
RE: Queue Implementation - by bitm0de - 11-29-2016, 09:50 PM
RE: Queue Implementation - by insidious - 11-29-2016, 10:10 PM
RE: Queue Implementation - by bitm0de - 11-29-2016, 11:14 PM
RE: Queue Implementation - by insidious - 11-29-2016, 11:36 PM
RE: Queue Implementation - by bitm0de - 11-29-2016, 11:50 PM
RE: Queue Implementation - by Oni - 11-29-2016, 09:48 PM
RE: Queue Implementation - by kingzlatan - 09-03-2024, 08:30 PM