Login Register






Gamblers Userbar filter_list
Author
Message
RE: Gamblers Userbar #14
(08-30-2016, 09:46 PM)Crovus Wrote:
(08-30-2016, 09:23 PM)Erudite Wrote: Just you Tongue

Oh is it really? @4 seems to agree with me. Though I think I know why they appear that way. They have a border of 1px and aren't made on a tilt. (They were probably made straight and then rotated slightly.) That leads Photoshop to try to make up the difference in colors by adding it own soft edges, making it look blurred as a result. Its a common mistake to do for people who aren't used to working with pixels over vectors.

(08-30-2016, 09:23 PM)Erudite Wrote: They essentially are the same shades. The red is all the same red, the green has a sligh gradient that's radial because that's how a casino table should look under light. Anywho, by all means you're welcome to show me what you mean, could even send over the PSD and you could show me what you mean Wink

Now that is an awful try to hide an error. "The shades are essentially the same." Bwhaha. Allow me to demonstrate what I mean. I took the lightest green I could find on your userbar, and compared it to the standard red that you have used on the cards. This is the result; 

[Image: 74951082ad4f8f2440ab0cc0a69aec6d.png]

As you can see, the green and red are on completely different levels in terms of contrast. They are also on different levels in terms of saturation, making the shades almost as different as they can get. So no, the "shades aren't essentially the same". They are the opposite of the same. The red is pure, with a high white balance. The green is a saturated color with a more tilt towards black than white. While red and green are complimentary to each other, then that effect only works if the shades are roughly the same, otherwise it just looks like a plain and bad painting without any focus on colors at all. It results in looking flat. (Which doesn't help the overall lack of depth that there already is.)

Here, I made a quick stock with the same idea as yours; https://i.gyazo.com/d97d58f7059cf51a7806...1e927c.png Though I did try to pay more attention to depth and realism.

Firstly you have 1 person agreeing with you. Not that I don't respect Paradigm's opinion, but it's you and him that think that, there's no majority vote here. If you think it's fuzzy then you can have your opinion, but didn't you once say that opinions didn't matter.

Secondly, when you said the same shade, I assumed you meant the red's weren't the same, and the green's were. If you had really wanted to give constructive criticism, you would have understood that from when I said "red's are the same, green's have a gradient". Nowhere did I mention that green was the same shade as the red.
Now I love the cute sleuthing you've done with the colour picker, I didn't think anyone as professional as you would have the time to do such a thing.

Not everything needs depth, although you'd like to believe it, I don't intend for this userbar to have much depth. The example you provided is YOUR take on it. Which really isn't that hard to make and quite frankly plain af.
[Image: b3790fc9310945e2dfd54cee9fbc70ed.png]
Not that hard, not that special. That came out of my arse, it took less than 10 minutes.

This userbar is MY take on it, I didn't want cool depth, or for it to look real. All I wanted in it was cards, chips and a casino table.
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2016, 11:36 PM by Erudite_temp.)
I design userbars I guess Tongue

Reply





Messages In This Thread
Gamblers Userbar - by Erudite_temp - 08-30-2016, 07:21 PM