Job Interview 06-29-2016, 01:45 PM
#1
I've been waiting on this interview for about a month now. Finally it's almost here, Friday 11:30am.
I've got my clothes ready, a CV printed off, alarm already set 2 days before lol. I'm well prepared. I just wanted a little advice on the situation I am in.
It's a builders merchants, pretty much like B&Q but it's family owned and they have 5 or 6 stores across the UK. They also sell all the sand, gravel, bricks etc.. needed for construction. I'm applying to be their delivery driver. You know the trucks with all the bricks on the back and have a little crane on the back to lift them on and off, so far I am one applying for that roll from the weeks worth of training I just did. However, I heard that there is manager positions available. Right now they've brought in managers from other branches to keep things in order while they open up. There is a trainee manager spot and then several other manager spots once the temp managers go back to their own branches.
Now I can either go to my interview and apply for the job they think I'm applying for. If I get the job I can try to move in on a manager position.
or
I can go to my interview and make them aware I am interested right away. The only issue here is I'm not sure if it will come across like I don't want the position I am applying for, I'm kind of just using it as a stepping stone. Then it may put the thought in their head that I will leave for another manager job if I don't end up as manager at their place.
I'm kind of leaning towards just get the job first, then make them aware I want to run the place. What do you guys think?
I've got my clothes ready, a CV printed off, alarm already set 2 days before lol. I'm well prepared. I just wanted a little advice on the situation I am in.
It's a builders merchants, pretty much like B&Q but it's family owned and they have 5 or 6 stores across the UK. They also sell all the sand, gravel, bricks etc.. needed for construction. I'm applying to be their delivery driver. You know the trucks with all the bricks on the back and have a little crane on the back to lift them on and off, so far I am one applying for that roll from the weeks worth of training I just did. However, I heard that there is manager positions available. Right now they've brought in managers from other branches to keep things in order while they open up. There is a trainee manager spot and then several other manager spots once the temp managers go back to their own branches.
Now I can either go to my interview and apply for the job they think I'm applying for. If I get the job I can try to move in on a manager position.
or
I can go to my interview and make them aware I am interested right away. The only issue here is I'm not sure if it will come across like I don't want the position I am applying for, I'm kind of just using it as a stepping stone. Then it may put the thought in their head that I will leave for another manager job if I don't end up as manager at their place.
I'm kind of leaning towards just get the job first, then make them aware I want to run the place. What do you guys think?


![[Image: yHvkrsT.png]](http://i.imgur.com/yHvkrsT.png)
![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)