RE: Minecraft Server Logo 04-24-2016, 10:48 PM
#7
(04-24-2016, 10:35 PM)Inton Wrote: Let me guess, you took the Minecraft logo and gave it a overlay color with a inner border to it? (The shine was a nice touch though.) Also, the logo should have been made in Illustrator as a vector so you can resize it without losing quality. That aside, I don't get the name. "Aether" referring to heaven realm no doubt, that was scratched from the game. Which is probably why you choice "Cloud" as the second word. But where are the clouds or heaven theme?Yea I'm not that experienced with graphics as you could probably tell. Plus the only resizing it will ever need is downsizing to 64x64 for a minecraft logo so I can just keep an original copy and downsize one version.
But about the name Aether actually referring to the '5th element' believed to be an invisible force in which light travelled through (light acts like a wave and has to travel through some medium, this was was before light was considered to not be a wave, but a wave particle duality) and it's not compromised by the 4 main elements of fire water earth and sky. The cloud bit I just added as an extension as its kind of like a reference to 'the cloud' similar to like how Apple have the ICloud. I was thinking of adding some cloud, maybe the text sits on a cloud but I'm not entirely sure.





![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)