RE: [AMV] Porter Robinson & Madeon - Shelter 10-22-2016, 10:41 PM
#7
(10-22-2016, 07:05 PM)insidious15 Wrote:(10-22-2016, 05:36 AM)Oni Wrote: This reminds me of Plato's Allegory of the Cave.
That's interesting, how so?
(10-22-2016, 05:38 AM)Jiggly Wrote: This was seriously something lovely and somewhat thought provoking. I am so glad you shared this.
I really felt a connection with this video (which sounds silly I know) but it reminds me of the amount of time I would spend alone drawing or reading fantasy books as a kid.
I wouldn't say it's silly--and I felt a connection too, though in a different/similar way you did. I spent my fair share reading weird fantasy books as a kid, lol. I think that's part of what the writer was getting at, too, and I think he did an amazing job with it.
I think it's awesome that this short gained so much traction. It's a testament to the inspiration/influence of Anime on our generation. I mean, the short was written by a westerner, and by many wasn't even considered 'traditional' anime. But the guy wanted to contribute to something that he had a real passion and drive for, which is awesome. Means the weeb community is still strong as ever, hah.
That's a really good point. It may not be considered true anime, but hey, how would you know the difference unless you were told?
![[Image: 4GNsK67.png]](http://i.imgur.com/4GNsK67.png)
























![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)