Login Register






Nintendo Switch: 5 Things YOU SHOULD KNOW filter_list
Author
Message
RE: Nintendo Switch: 5 Things YOU SHOULD KNOW #5
I like the idea behind the Switch - I'd love to have something portable yet able to play newer stuff - I can't carry my tower, my 3DS can only go to about Metal Gear Solid 3, the Vita can run last-gen stuff (choppily) - so it'd be cool. I had a pretty long discussion about the use of the Tegras with a few people, and it's a cool idea but man they'd better go for the equivalent or greater of the X2 or something more - anything around the X1 would be shooting themself in the foot with the low power. Still, I'm excited to see the Tegras get used in something outside the Shield systems. Also, I'm glad they're going for a cartridge-based route - I heard people at school saying "Oh maybe they'll use something like a UMD but with blu-ray discs", and no matter how much I like my UMDs I'm not going to praise them for working all too great. Finally, I love seeing the list of third-party supporters... I dunno, it's just cool to see Nintendo have possible devs other than themselves, and since any in-house games are pretty much guaranteed to be smooth those third-party titles are going to be the test for the system.

Also, on the topic of consoles coming out so fast as Skullmeat mentioned, I think at this point it's a bit justified. From talking with a mod on another forum who has been working with the PS4 Pro and PSVR devkits for months now, all the little upgrades in the systems are just needed to compete with PCs. In the case of Nintendo, yeah it feels like they're being Sega with the tiny upgrades that aren't being used a ton like the New 3DS vs plain 3DS/2DS, and a new console is a bit fast, but they just kind-of need it from how I've seen sales at the store and the game support in general.
airgames, on 08 Dec 2014 - 5:24 PM, said:
close this discussion of dick !!
I broke !!
thanks

'backin89', on 22 Dec 2010 - 6:40 PM, said:
Igot your fucking crackpipe bitch. i dont even smoke cigarrettes. i hope you all sleep in the fucking cold

Reply





Messages In This Thread
RE: Nintendo Switch: 5 Things YOU SHOULD KNOW - by BurritoBeans - 10-22-2016, 04:13 AM