Login Register






Copy file & Move to directory [HELP] filter_list
Author
Message
RE: Copy file & Move to directory [HELP] #8
(10-16-2016, 03:38 AM)Killpot Wrote:
(10-15-2016, 12:10 PM)Skryptec Wrote: Hello everyone,

I have been stuck on this part for ages and can't seem to fix it.

Code:
       Dim AppData As String = GetFolderPath(SpecialFolder.ApplicationData + "\Fevino")        Dim FilePath As String = Application.ExecutablePath()        If System.IO.File.Exists(FilePath) = True Then            System.IO.File.Copy(FilePath, AppData, True)        End If

Basically what I want it do, is copy the application and then place it into AppData, but for some reason the code above gives me a error.
"C:\Users\Gebruiker\AppData\Fevino" is a directory and not a file.

Help is appreciated.

the reason this is happening is because File.Copy does not preserve file name, you have to give it a name in the destination directory, you're basically trying to tell the system to copy your current exe and place it in the destination as a directory.

Yeah, I already fixed it, thanks though Smile
[Image: oAqtc2l.png]

Reply





Messages In This Thread
RE: Copy file & Move to directory [HELP] - by Skryptec - 10-17-2016, 06:16 AM