RE: How to become anonymous using Proxychains and Tor 10-16-2016, 05:04 AM
#4
(10-16-2016, 04:51 AM)D@rk TruTH Wrote: Thanks 4 the reply....i thinknwe can also use Tails OS...
(10-15-2016, 02:28 AM)phyrrus9 Wrote: I'm going to go ahead and revive this thread because I think it's information that many members could use. I do, however want to elaborate on point's 1 and 3 in your notes:
(10-05-2016, 04:57 AM)D@rk TruTH Wrote: 1. Make sure TOR is installed properly.
This sort of thing is key. If you're using an OSI high layer subprotocol then you NEED to pay very close attention to every option you have. I don't mean that it's important to function properly, I mean it's important that you understand what's going on so that you can help yourself later.
(10-05-2016, 04:57 AM)D@rk TruTH Wrote: 3. This is not the 100% solution for anonymity.
In reality, this is only like 20% of the solution. TOR does NOT make you anonymous, it simply adds a layer of abstraction. In this case it adds a layer of obfuscation with integral layers of encryption. The fact that TOR includes encryption gives many users the impression that nobody can see their data. They are WRONG!
[b]He who controls the exit nodes controls the system[b]
Tor is not a black box function. We know the inner workings, meaning if we can get our hands on either the input or the output, then we can determine the set. This is very similar to a known plaintext attack, and widely used with Tor users (known as Tor fingerprinting). The key to success in anonymity is a light footprint. That means that you also have to modify your behavior (constantly) so that you aren't easily identified as a pattern. On top of that, you should be adding your own abstraction layers. If everybody uses Tor, then effectively nobody is safe. Use tor on one node as a VPN service, have 4 or 5 of those all over the world why not. Each of those nodes connects back to multiple tunneling nodes, which are connected to by a load distributor you will probably need to write yourself. Doing something like that adds enough encrypted traffic, obfuscation, and complexity that it is secure only because it would take longer to break the system than it would for the system to change.
I'm going to try and say this as nicely as possible. NO, TAILS DOESN'T MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE! YOU LITERALLY JUST SAID THE EXACT OPPOSITE! Now, with that stated, I recommend you have a look into both public and symmetric encryption, VPN, and tunneling. It might save your ass if all you're doing is using tails.


























![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)