RE: What would you do differently if you were 18 again? 09-06-2016, 08:18 PM
#10
(09-06-2016, 07:39 PM)insidious15 Wrote:(09-06-2016, 09:49 AM)Aeolian Wrote: Pursue my career is music, and not completely throw it away to be an Electrician.
I used to play the drums *alot*.
Hey it's never too late to start. Many actors/musicians started late in their careers and they were still very sucessful.
(09-06-2016, 10:44 AM)Oni Wrote: I'd probably do things more efficiently and avoid basic crap (i.e. bad professors/transferring to wrong unis). There's not too much that I'd do differently, though.
Tru that. Easy to say in hindsight but difficult to do in stride.
Definitely difficult to do in stride. Transferring to a university in my home state has basically been hell. I started as a Computer Science major in Florida (scholarship), then switched to Business/Info Systems. After completing 40 or so credits, my family wanted me to transfer back home, so I did. I attended community college (cheaper) to cover the core/state requirements. After completing the requirements, I transferred to a branch of one of my state's top unis.
Unfortunately, the branch I transferred to, under bad/faulty advice, had mostly night classes and there were very few. I then decided to transfer to a well known Catholic/Lib. Arts university. They offered me a large scholarship and I was going to get a place in the area. Unfortunately, they were trying to screw me out of a lot of credits. I'm now back at the same community college (w/ 60 credits) taking night classes in accounting/marketing. I'll be transferring to the proper branch next semester, with an even better GPA.
Spoiler:
This is also the long explanation of why I've been inactive.












![[Image: 7ajmN5P.jpg]](https://i.imgur.com/7ajmN5P.jpg)
![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)