Login Register






Top poster of the month filter_list
Author
Message
RE: Top poster of the month #34
(09-04-2016, 03:37 AM)mothered Wrote:
(09-03-2016, 11:12 PM)Jiggly Wrote: That was the case when I was really young. I've been lucky in that computers/internet have developed really fast as I've grown up. Makes me laugh that I grew up with VHS while my little bro grew up with DVDs. He will never understand the pain of rewinding those bastards. And the dodgy pause where everything still moves and jumps around.

Oh my goodness, It's great to read that you've experienced the good old VHS players.

I grew up with that too and yes, the rewinding (depending on the capacity of the tape) sometimes took as long as 5 minutes to complete. The remote was a "cord", whereby It was plugged In from one end of the room to the other where I was seated. I actually lost count as to how many times I tripped over It and ripped It off the VHS player.

Oh man, I don't remember the remotes. I got a TV with a built in video player. I remember thinking it was cool tech. Now it just looks like a plastic box xD My sibling once asked me if I used to play with wooden toys when I was younger. I was shocked at the time, but when you think about how quickly technology has changed, it's no longer so surprising. I never would have thought, at the age of 6, I'd be using the internet and communicating with a bunch of people all around the world.
[Image: 4GNsK67.png]

Reply





Messages In This Thread
Top poster of the month - by Wildfire - 08-14-2016, 12:12 AM
RE: Top poster of the month - by Aeolian - 08-14-2016, 04:13 AM
RE: Top poster of the month - by Despised - 08-21-2016, 02:25 PM
RE: Top poster of the month - by NaB3nzo - 08-21-2016, 02:33 PM
RE: Top poster of the month - by Customer - 08-21-2016, 09:42 PM
RE: Top poster of the month - by Nyx - 09-04-2016, 06:55 AM
RE: Top poster of the month - by Despised - 09-04-2016, 12:21 PM
RE: Top poster of the month - by mothered - 09-04-2016, 12:43 PM
RE: Top poster of the month - by Nyx - 09-05-2016, 06:13 AM
RE: Top poster of the month - by Despised - 09-05-2016, 09:29 AM
RE: Top poster of the month - by Customer - 09-04-2016, 06:24 PM
RE: Top poster of the month - by mothered - 08-24-2016, 12:06 PM
RE: Top poster of the month - by Jiggly - 08-24-2016, 01:35 PM
RE: Top poster of the month - by XltSystem - 08-24-2016, 03:10 PM
RE: Top poster of the month - by Mr.Kurd - 08-24-2016, 03:56 PM
RE: Top poster of the month - by Despised - 08-28-2016, 01:50 AM
RE: Top poster of the month - by mothered - 08-28-2016, 03:35 AM
RE: Top poster of the month - by Wildfire - 08-30-2016, 03:53 AM
RE: Top poster of the month - by Jiggly - 08-30-2016, 06:54 AM
RE: Top poster of the month - by mothered - 08-30-2016, 02:55 PM
RE: Top poster of the month - by pvnk - 09-01-2016, 11:44 PM
RE: Top poster of the month - by mothered - 09-02-2016, 05:16 AM
RE: Top poster of the month - by Wildfire - 08-30-2016, 04:41 PM
RE: Top poster of the month - by Jiggly - 09-01-2016, 11:35 PM
RE: Top poster of the month - by Skryptec - 09-01-2016, 11:47 PM
RE: Top poster of the month - by Jiggly - 09-01-2016, 11:47 PM
RE: Top poster of the month - by pvnk - 09-01-2016, 11:50 PM
RE: Top poster of the month - by Jiggly - 09-01-2016, 11:53 PM
RE: Top poster of the month - by pvnk - 09-01-2016, 11:56 PM
RE: Top poster of the month - by Jiggly - 09-02-2016, 01:27 AM
RE: Top poster of the month - by Customer - 09-02-2016, 06:47 AM
RE: Top poster of the month - by mothered - 09-02-2016, 03:05 PM
RE: Top poster of the month - by Despised - 09-03-2016, 12:31 PM
RE: Top poster of the month - by Jiggly - 09-03-2016, 11:12 PM
RE: Top poster of the month - by mothered - 09-04-2016, 03:37 AM
RE: Top poster of the month - by Jiggly - 09-05-2016, 01:46 AM
RE: Top poster of the month - by mothered - 09-05-2016, 12:05 PM
RE: Top poster of the month - by Despised - 09-05-2016, 12:08 PM
RE: Top poster of the month - by mothered - 09-05-2016, 12:42 PM
RE: Top poster of the month - by Despised - 09-05-2016, 12:45 PM
RE: Top poster of the month - by mothered - 09-05-2016, 12:52 PM
RE: Top poster of the month - by pvnk - 09-05-2016, 06:15 PM
RE: Top poster of the month - by Despised - 09-05-2016, 07:00 PM
RE: Top poster of the month - by pvnk - 09-05-2016, 07:01 PM
RE: Top poster of the month - by mothered - 09-06-2016, 02:53 PM
RE: Top poster of the month - by Despised - 09-06-2016, 05:11 PM
RE: Top poster of the month - by pvnk - 09-06-2016, 07:38 PM
RE: Top poster of the month - by Despised - 09-06-2016, 08:58 PM
RE: Top poster of the month - by pvnk - 09-06-2016, 10:00 PM
RE: Top poster of the month - by mothered - 09-07-2016, 04:41 AM
RE: Top poster of the month - by pvnk - 09-07-2016, 08:32 AM
RE: Top poster of the month - by Despised - 09-07-2016, 12:01 PM
RE: Top poster of the month - by pvnk - 09-07-2016, 05:12 PM
RE: Top poster of the month - by Despised - 09-07-2016, 05:23 PM
RE: Top poster of the month - by pvnk - 09-07-2016, 05:29 PM
RE: Top poster of the month - by Jiggly - 09-10-2016, 08:45 PM
RE: Top poster of the month - by pvnk - 09-10-2016, 09:41 PM
RE: Top poster of the month - by Jiggly - 09-13-2016, 04:13 AM