Login Register






Visual Novels filter_list
Author
Message
RE: Visual Novels #3
(07-29-2016, 07:02 PM)BurritoBeans Wrote: Oh jeez, I've got a couple big stacks of the things and there's only a small fraction of them that I've actually gone though. Overall it's not a horrible form of game to me, I mean I do like to play something that's more heavy on the story now and then as like you said, it's a nice break from more action-based stuff.  I guess my whole issue is that well, since I like to collect for older computers including some of the big-name japanese ones (PC-88/98, FM Towns, Sharp X1/X68000, etc.) and on systems with no region lock I like to get random imports, I get piles of the things but either they're A: Just really dumb or B: Another damn eroge.  

For ones I've actually played.... well I guess yeah the Corpse Party series, there was a Tales Translations port of Divi-Dead on Dreamcast, some Ace Attorney games, a PSP port of Saya no Uta, and one of the Zero Escape games (don't remember which one but I've got all three). So yeah, I don't mind the things, they can be alright, but 7/8ths of the time I either can't get into them, they're just eroges with no story to them, or I just can't read half the words.
I think most VNs are produced for adults, they tend to have extreme gore or like you mentioned, adult content or usually both. I don't particulary mind as long as it's not eroge, really. With that being said, there are also adaptions of mainstream anime like Clannad and Steins Gate.

I played Divi-Dead but got stuck at some part then dropped it honestly. From what I've read it contains a lot of gore but I never really got that far. The Ace Attorney series is great just like Hotel Dusk and its sequel.

Reply





Messages In This Thread
Visual Novels - by Despised - 07-28-2016, 09:20 PM
RE: Visual Novels - by BurritoBeans - 07-29-2016, 07:02 PM
RE: Visual Novels - by Despised - 07-29-2016, 07:35 PM
RE: Visual Novels - by Skullmeat - 07-29-2016, 10:31 PM