RE: What do you think happened? 06-01-2016, 01:53 AM
#32
(05-30-2016, 06:21 PM)insidious15 Wrote: I mean, I don't think a few cases of terrorist attacks should ruin flying in its totality. In the grand scheme of things, these kinds of things make up a very small minority of what happens. There is a 1 in a 29.4million chance of being killed in an airplane crash. Those are better chances than being struck by a bolt of lightning, by ALOT (1:280,000)
If you want to take a a few-week ride on Mr. Sailboat be my guest, but I will much prefer my 9 hour airplane ride.
It also comes down to choosing a reliable airline... Ex: I'll probably never fly Malaysia air [emoji14]
+some pirates still float on the high seas
I suppose it's worth adding that the reason it's so concerning is because on those EXTREMELY rare occasions of it happening, it hits the news for days/weeks/months. It's due to the rarity that it gets so much media attention. You don't hear about every fatal stabbing on the news despite the fact its so many more times more likely to happen than dying during a plane ride.
![[Image: 4GNsK67.png]](http://i.imgur.com/4GNsK67.png)
























![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)