RE: Programming hard to stick with 05-14-2016, 09:02 AM
#12
(05-12-2016, 10:02 PM)VirtualFrost Wrote: I've always told myself I wanted to be some kind of programmer/game developer when I'm older. I have lots of spare time and I just can't get myself to even get into learning a language. I spent the last couple days understanding the very basics of Java and already feel like it isn't the language I want to learn as I don't even know what I'd wanna make in Java. A couple hours ago I remembered about Garry's Mod and now just want to learn Lua. I find myself always jumping to learn different languages and the cycle keeps repeating. Is it just not the career I want? I'm all into technology, maybe it's just I cannot be self-taught with coding and that maybe once I'm in college I'd actually learn. Does anyone else have this happening?
Same here. I've wanted to learn a programming language, but I've had trouble figuring it out on my own. I also use CodeCademy, but it only teaches so much. I started with Java also, but decided ultimately to start with Python, since it's so widely used. I even took java 2 semesters in school, and I still can't even remember the basics for shit. It gets really confusing.

![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)