RE: Writers is already a mess... 02-20-2016, 11:55 AM
#6
(02-20-2016, 11:48 AM)snow Wrote: You're Swedish, so naturally your first language isn't English. Completely understandable given the diversity we find on forums. You have dyslexia, which is kind of a red flag making me question why you were chosen, or why you wanted to lead. From my point of view you've got two things setting you back. I want to root for you, I want to tell you to push past the things holding you back, however I feel like this is a fairly insignificant way to do it, and it may not even help you. As the leader you're likely going to be picking up the slack, and you could be doing one section a week, or a majority of the sections. That'll be rough on you when you've gotta pick up other peoples slack. I know that happens because I've been a writer for months on other boards.
Whatever happens, don't get discouraged. If it means anything I've seen college and university level students here in America have worse grammar than you, and they're writing 10 to 15 page papers. What I'd recommend is after writing something large, or even slightly substantial, get up and walk away from the computer. Come back, re-read it and see if you notice any errors. If you do find some errors then correct them. If not, I'd recommend having someone, a co-leader for example, proofread it for you and make necessary changes. When changes are made, re-read it and figure out why that needed to be changed, and even ask questions. I'm just glad you're understanding that this is feedback, and I hope it pushes you to continue excelling.
I understand what you're saying, i already asked a HQ member on Sirius Forums to be my co-leader & help me with my grammar mistakes.
So basically i will make the thread with all the content from the writers members i've gathered, save it as a draft & then send it over to my co-leader who will edit the grammar.
I'm very grateful for your feedback on this, it really means alot & i will do my best with my future co-leader to give you the news you want!
P.S. Atleast let me show you that i can do it on our news deadline day, the 26th of february, because i haven't really gotten the chance to proove that i can do it with members help & co-leader-
Regards, Rikka.
Pm me if you need anything or need to know anything.



![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)