RE: Religion 03-10-2013, 11:04 PM
#58
I was raised in a Christian home, but for years, I was only going through the motions, without really being sincere. When others weren't around, I was doing all kinds of immoral things, many of which I'm still too ashamed to talk about.
However, God wasn't through with me. About a year ago, he brought a young woman into my life, and through her, he led me to see what a mess my life was. I turned my life back to Him, and since then, though it's been tough fighting through many of the addictions I picked up, I have been drawing closer to Him.
I know how people feel when they run across hypocrisy in Christians. Not only was I a hypocrite, but too many people with whom I regularly associated were also hypocritical Christians. If you struggle with accepting Christianity because of the hypocrites, just remember that no matter what religion you look at, there will always be hypocrites. Some are not as obvious as others, but they are still there. You must judge a religion by WHOM it is based on, not by WHO practices or claims to practice it.
However, God wasn't through with me. About a year ago, he brought a young woman into my life, and through her, he led me to see what a mess my life was. I turned my life back to Him, and since then, though it's been tough fighting through many of the addictions I picked up, I have been drawing closer to Him.
I know how people feel when they run across hypocrisy in Christians. Not only was I a hypocrite, but too many people with whom I regularly associated were also hypocritical Christians. If you struggle with accepting Christianity because of the hypocrites, just remember that no matter what religion you look at, there will always be hypocrites. Some are not as obvious as others, but they are still there. You must judge a religion by WHOM it is based on, not by WHO practices or claims to practice it.

![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)