Login Register






Open Source filter_list
Author
Message
RE: Open Source #3
(10-18-2015, 06:23 PM)Killpot Wrote: Visual Studio is pretty much your go to IDE for anything .Net, there's other alternatives like LightDevolop but like VS they're windows only.

WPF Is pretty neato, there's allot of cool things you can do with it, however I still prefer Forms simply because I'm used to it. I've never taken the time to properly learn WPF because there wasn't much a reason to use it over Forms, and there's much more public source and support for Forms. The argument for web usage is simply a pain in the ass, I've tried and barely got it working and it required pre-requisites to be installed client side, so phones and some other OS's wont be able to view it. So if I were you I would stick to Forms for programs and ASP.Net for all web dev.

I'm not into web developing that much I got partners to cover that for me but OS depended software are my subject. I prefer WPF because there's much more customization for GUI, xaml does the trick fine, however my only problem is MICROSOFT, let's say I create a project in VS will it still be loaded in VS 2020 for example? Maybe some new changes will make my project not usable anymore, more frameworks needed, no cross platform support etc.
What problems with pre-requisites did you come across?

Reply





Messages In This Thread
Open Source - by tonakis2108 - 10-18-2015, 04:08 PM