RE: How to focus better in school? 03-28-2016, 07:33 AM
#20
(03-28-2016, 06:38 AM)Oni Wrote: I thought drugs like Adderall/Caffeine aren't considered nootropics...
It's kind of a difficult area of definition and depends on the person, and how they are used. If as a general energy booster and stimulant, caffeine would generally not be considered a nootropic. However, when used for intent of focus, it is closer to a nootropic.
Then you shift into another gray area which is regulation and whatnot. This also depends on the person, yet generally, Adderall in particular, would not be considered a nootropics because of its legality. Smart Drugs are more of a better umbrella term (which I should've used), as they encompass prescription cognitive enhancers, non-prescription cognitive enhancers, and natural cognitive enhancers.
Now that I have had my two hours of sleep, I can say that to myself, Adderall would not be considered a nootropic because of its legal status, yet caffeine would only when put into combination with another smart drug to create a nootropic blend. An example of this would be something like NOS energy drinks which contain L-Theanine which is considered a nootropic and is said to be found in green tea, which is why green tea provides some caffeine but doesn't make you jittery like regular coffee/tea or energy drinks. Caffeine+L-Theanine = Nootropic. Caffeine = Smart Drug.
(tl;dr): Adderall or Caffeine alone, are to most people, not nootropics. Again, it all depends on the person.
Spoiler:
Felt like I was on modafinil in this post based on my previous experiences.
You can find me on Keybase
"Reach the state of ubiquity, and you will be in control"
Student, Technician, Designer, and more.
![[Image: YUpAMpx.png]](https://i.imgur.com/YUpAMpx.png)
"Reach the state of ubiquity, and you will be in control"
Student, Technician, Designer, and more.
![[Image: YUpAMpx.png]](https://i.imgur.com/YUpAMpx.png)






![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)