RE: Working Anti Ddos Script In Php 03-16-2016, 05:36 AM
#19
(03-12-2016, 12:46 AM)Loki123 Wrote: No, no, obviously I don't. Not that I have owned anything larger than a bittorrent site that currently has about 50,000 torrents, 60,000 users and the largest one ever in my country that was constantly under these type of attacks.. Nor have I applied these kind of techniques myself over the years.. Obviously I have no real experience with this.
Oh, wait, I did and I have! Fuck....
Even if everything you said in that post was true (probably isn't, but let's say it was true for the sake of this post), it doesn't change the fact that most actual application layer floods are performed by people who know what they're doing and/or sophisticated scripts to do it for them. Your claim that mitigating layer-7 floods is easy because it's all going to be from the same IP is completely false. Even skids know that the requests in an l7 flood are (or should be, at least) sent from different IP address to avoid that kind of mitigating. Furthermore, the requests sent in the attack aren't all the same, otherwise you're right, it would be easy to mitigate. But that's just not how the world works.
If you don't believe me or still think I'm wrong, go look at some packet captures from victims of actual layer-7 floods. I hate to sound arrogant, but you'll find that I'm right.


![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)