Login Register






Debate on Evolution filter_list
Author
Message
RE: Debate on Evolution #10
(12-08-2015, 05:41 AM)m0dem Wrote: @Megan and @meow, I found this very interesting.
Spoiler:
Recently a molecular biologist working on identifying genetic controls for diseases was interviewed by George Caylor of The Ledger, Lynchburg, Virginia. His article entitled, "The Biologist," appeared on February 17, 2000. I received permission to reproduce parts of the interview here, as a conversation between "G" (the interviewer) and "J" (the molecular biologist). It began by discussing the complexity of human code.

J: "I'm a bit like an editor, trying to find a spelling mistake inside a document larger than four complete sets of Encyclopedia Britanica."

G: "Do you believe that the information evolved?"

J: "George, nobody I know in my profession believes it evolved. It was engineered by 'genius beyond genius,' and such information could not have been written any other way. The paper and ink did not write the book! Knowing what we know, it is ridiculous to think otherwise."

G: "Have you ever stated that in a public lecture, or in any public writings?"

J: "No. I just say it evolved. To be a molecular biologist requires one to hold on to two insanities at all times. One, it would be insane to believe in evolution when you can see the truth for yourself. Two, it would be insane to say you don't believe in evolution. All government work, research grants, papers, big college lectures—everything would stop. I'd be out of a job, or relegated to the outer fringes where I couldn't earn a decent living."

G: "I hate to say it, but that sounds intellectually dishonest."

J: "The work I do in genetic research is honorable. We will find the cures to many of mankind's worst diseases. But in the meantime, we have to live with the 'elephant in the living room'."

G: "What elephant?"

J: "Creation design. It's like an elephant in the living room. It moves around, takes up an enormous amount of space, loudly trumpets, bumps into us, knocks things over, eats a ton of hay, and smells like an elephant. And yet we have to swear it isn't there!"

source: https://www.icr.org/article/760

Also, @Megan, most of those points in the "Five Proofs of Evolution" are about the commonality between humans and other creatures (note that word, creature, sounds quite similar to creation...). For example:
Interesting... you see that as a proof of evolution... I see that as one intelligent Programmer...
(literally a programmer, DNA is code)
You never saw a computer create itself from nothing and then code up an OS, right? ... I hope not.

You didn't educate yourself at all after my or Megan's posts... if your argument is a conversation between a reporter and biologist then you should probably study the subject a little more before trying to start a debate about it. It seems like all you did was google "biologist who doesn't believe in evolution" to make us look stupid.

Reply





Messages In This Thread
Debate on Evolution - by m0dem - 12-08-2015, 02:30 AM
RE: Debate on Evolution - by Megan - 12-08-2015, 02:35 AM
RE: Debate on Evolution - by meow - 12-08-2015, 03:02 AM
RE: Debate on Evolution - by m0dem - 12-08-2015, 05:41 AM
RE: Debate on Evolution - by meow - 12-09-2015, 02:30 AM
RE: Debate on Evolution - by m0dem - 12-09-2015, 02:45 AM
RE: Debate on Evolution - by Nil - 12-08-2015, 06:19 AM
RE: Debate on Evolution - by m0dem - 12-08-2015, 07:00 AM
RE: Debate on Evolution - by Nil - 12-08-2015, 08:04 AM
RE: Debate on Evolution - by Oni - 12-09-2015, 06:40 AM
RE: Debate on Evolution - by Nil - 12-09-2015, 04:19 PM
RE: Debate on Evolution - by Saikou - 12-09-2015, 07:00 AM