RE: Source Code Tutorial - Simple Reverse Shell in C 10-11-2015, 08:45 PM
#9
It's good just not good enough..
Using popen isn't bad since you can't get stderr which is simply bad because it's a lack of information returned by the reverse shell, the proper way to do this is to create pipes manually instead of relying on popen.
It also doesn't support the cd command which is good.
Let me also point out this "const char HOST[20] = "127.0.0.1";" where there's no point of defining the size of HOST.
I barely took a look at the code but I believe it gets the job done, at least someone is sharing something over here...
Using popen isn't bad since you can't get stderr which is simply bad because it's a lack of information returned by the reverse shell, the proper way to do this is to create pipes manually instead of relying on popen.
It also doesn't support the cd command which is good.
Let me also point out this "const char HOST[20] = "127.0.0.1";" where there's no point of defining the size of HOST.
I barely took a look at the code but I believe it gets the job done, at least someone is sharing something over here...


![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)