RE: Laptops 10-07-2015, 12:59 AM
#4
(10-07-2015, 12:56 AM)DarkMuse Wrote: I have an HP and I haven't had any hardware issues, only software problems etc. However, I am not a fan of Toshiba. I have had three friends who have had issues with the hardware and repairs were a nightmare. Toshiba (as far as I know) solders their parts right to the mother board. This means that repair will cost MORE because the repairers have to remove the solder, and then resolder the new part. Otherwise the brands are just like food brands, they "taste" or act slightly different, but besides that, they get done what they need to.
I took apart my old laptop and it was not soldered, I also took apart a newer Toshiba and it was not soldered.
And I know people who had bad experiences with HP. Nothing in the world is going to be perfect, everybody is going to have a bad experience and a good experience.




![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)