RE: [C++] Doubly-Linked Lists - Data Structures 09-06-2015, 01:04 AM
#8
I know what you said, and I had it taken into consideration when I wrote the reply regardless of whether it was quoted or not. I know it's not a whole program, there's no examples given for the usage of the functions, but what I was saying is for how those functions work, it doesn't have to be an entire program to imply that those variables are meant to be defined before the functions, and global. The discussion about this anyways has outlived it's usefulness, we can continue to talk about wording vs semantics all day but it's not going to change an opinion.
My point was that there are tons of libraries and snippets of code out there, but unless you change the code yourself it still has a certain way that you're meant to use that code, before you even write a program with it. The examples posted too were valid snippets and not pseudocode, so I took them in a slightly more literal context than just code that describes how something is supposed to work.
Good thread nonetheless.
My point was that there are tons of libraries and snippets of code out there, but unless you change the code yourself it still has a certain way that you're meant to use that code, before you even write a program with it. The examples posted too were valid snippets and not pseudocode, so I took them in a slightly more literal context than just code that describes how something is supposed to work.
Good thread nonetheless.




![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)