Login Register






Pirate Bay founder released, re-arrested, to be extradited to Sweden filter_list
Author
Message
RE: Pirate Bay founder released, re-arrested, to be extradited to Sweden #16
(09-03-2015, 12:11 PM)Bails1598 Wrote: well really that is just a contradiction in terms because copyright violation and thievery are one in the same thing because thievery is taking something with out paying and what are you doing when you pirate a movie or song or anything you are taking something without paying for it can you understand that or do i need to dumb it down for you Yawn

Who the fuck are you? Did you really make a new account because of rep?

In common theft, the owner of property is entirely deprived of its use, as well as their ability to share it and dispose of it as they choose. Common theft is zero-sum: when I steal your anime doll, my gain really is your loss.

The same is not true when I download a digital file of your copyrighted property. In downloading your [copyrightedfilegoeshere], I have not excluded you from its use, or your ability to benefit from it. I have simply circumvented your ability to exclude me from its use. To draw an analogy, this seems more like trespassing on your land than taking your land away from you.

Now explain to me, what exactly am I taking away from someone when illegally downloading a copyrighted file?
whoami

Reply





Messages In This Thread
RE: Pirate Bay founder released, re-arrested, to be extradited to Sweden - by blackhatcat - 09-03-2015, 02:12 PM