Login Register






Greetings filter_list
Author
Message
RE: Greetings #5
(06-18-2015, 02:59 AM)Chitoge Wrote: Welcome to SL! As Six said, read the rules, use common sense, etc..

anyway, great to see a new programmer Biggrin I'm mainly into Ruby/Python myself, but I'm picking up Java next year and I'm considering C. Anything I should know?

Nice. I never really got into those languages, I could never get used to ruby on rails.

>Java next year and I'm considering C. Anything I should know?
Try learning C in your spare time. Since you probably already have the base knowledge, it isn't to hard. Once you learn C, and get how things work at a bit of a lower level, every other language gets way easier.

I went Python > Java (sort of) > Three year gap > C > C++ > php > re-learned C again > masm

twas a wild ride, and mr bones wouldn't let me off.

Spoiler:
If at any time you start thinking that your code is pure shit, five years ago I tried to make a rat in python. Yes I was that autistic.

[+] 1 user Likes Vertigo's post
Reply





Messages In This Thread
Greetings - by Vertigo - 06-18-2015, 01:46 AM
RE: Greetings - by Satan - 06-18-2015, 01:52 AM
RE: Greetings - by Vertigo - 06-18-2015, 02:05 AM
RE: Greetings - by Inori - 06-18-2015, 02:59 AM
RE: Greetings - by Vertigo - 06-18-2015, 04:15 AM
RE: Greetings - by Earth - 06-18-2015, 04:33 AM
RE: Greetings - by mothered - 06-19-2015, 06:12 AM
RE: Greetings - by zorrophreak - 06-20-2015, 06:18 AM