Login Register






My simple fire kit filter_list
Author
Message
My simple fire kit #1
Well here is another boring thread by me. This is what my simple fire kit is that I have in my B.O.B/Survival kit.

This should be enough to get me plenty of fires (minus the dryer lint)
[Image: f2oYJYc.jpg]

Contents:
Dryer Lint (Great tinder source)
UST Mag bar (Can help get hundreds of fires started)
Ebay 6" Ferro Rod ($21 if interested) (thousands of strikes)
2 Bic lighters (Main source, faster then striking)

I do have additional Ferro rods but they are not included in this kit they are in my knife sheaths instead.

With this kit and all of my other ferro rods I have the potential of at minimum a years worth of fire starting capabilities until I either need to restock or use a bow drill or some other source.

With my Fiskars x15 Axe I pretty much can have an unlimited supply of wood as long as I keep it sharpened with a sharpening puck.

Remember FIRE, yes me is one of the most critical needs for survival.

Reply





Messages In This Thread
My simple fire kit - by Earth - 05-03-2015, 09:51 AM
RE: My simple fire kit - by roger_smith - 05-03-2015, 05:08 PM
RE: My simple fire kit - by Earth - 05-03-2015, 05:55 PM
RE: My simple fire kit - by Earth - 05-04-2015, 06:58 AM