RE: Why do people like Sword Art Online? SAO 04-01-2015, 08:15 PM
#7
(04-01-2015, 07:12 PM)Dyme Wrote: Naruto > SAO
And yes, I'm being serious. I would rather watch naruto jack himself off in a tub of ramen than watch kiroto and his generic ass tsundere fly around with their faggoty fairy wings.
Hahaha, I'd rather do that and I would add getting system32 deleted and having a headphone duct taped to my head playing Darude's Sandstorm on a Loop.
(04-01-2015, 07:16 PM)Brynn Wrote: I could see how someone could love SAO if that person isn't really into anime or watching TV shows for that fact. The concept of SAO might win hearts as well (I've seen it, wouldn't give it more than a 3 out of 10).
I DID READ THE RULES and following @Oni 's request with the Spoiler that I NOW KNOW how to use (thank you oni)
Spoiler:
I thought SAO had a small potential (even though the plot was dragging quite a bit), until after episode 14 into "ALO" to where they literally took the last potential it had and threw it away, and then tried to dig itself out of the shit hole they made with GGO (still meh). The part I dislike the most was the exposition scenes at restaurants, I mean what the hell, that's like the one thing you SHOULD NOT DO in any Anime or TV Show.....
The soundtrack is not too bad though.
I see that same thing too. Real Anime aficionados absolutely hate the series. There is a Anime store not too far from where I live and the manager is good friends with me. I asked him why 1/4 of all the stuff on sale was SAO. He said it was because it was half his sales, but only people with no taste bought them. The hardcore Anime people didnt buy any SAO stuff.
Spoiler:
SAO's concept is just about making it appealing to the MMORPG masses who dont have any real anime taste. Its like combining League of Legends and Battle Royale. You dont do it to please the fans you already have, you do it to gain new ones. The part that confuses the hell out of me is if these people are trapped in a game for 2 FUCKING YEARS and many of them are getting killed, why doesnt anybody notice? Why havent they been hooked up to IV's and have a nurse take care of their "functions"? There is so much wrong with this anime that I cant take it seriously at all. The ALO arc was simply the worst piece of Anime I have ever seen in my entire fucking life. It had more Plot holes than battlefield earth, puts Kirito into a Quasi incest love affair with his Sister turned Cousin while Asuna is kidnapped, and the restaurant bombing scene was so stupid, that I cant believe that Countries like Germany or France (who have had many restaurant bombings) didnt ban the series for that.
The soundtrack is good and I do admit that I do listen to it, but I dont give the Anime credit for that.......
(This post was last modified: 04-01-2015, 08:26 PM by azRAel_.)
"Making use of human weaknesses in intelligence work is a logical matter. It keeps coming up, and of course you try to look at all the aspects that interest you in a human being." - Markus Wolf




![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)