RE: How might this source be exploited? 03-18-2015, 11:49 PM
#6
One thing is that you should know what you are writing or examining. I typically read line for line. Security-wise, MD5 is not a good hashing algorithm to go with, especially without a salted string. What is this, 1999? I'd suggest something more up to date. You can brute force your way into an account, or even dictionary attacks may suffice if the subject of matter (or to be presumptuously literal, the user) is dumb enough to use a common password. That's from a tad bit that I read, because I didn't bother reading this line for line, even if it is contradictory to what I just said. As far as monitoring traffic as mentioned earlier, I'd say it's whatever floats your boat in terms of what to use. I'd make my own application if such a scenario that called for traffic monitoring ever presented itself to me.
![[Image: BXqGARG.png]](https://i.imgur.com/BXqGARG.png)










![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)