Login Register






Books filter_list
Author
Message
RE: Books #3
[Image: Steelheart_cover.jpg]
OK, anybody that has read any of my previous reviews of Sanderson's work knows just how much I admire his writing. I've really run out of superlatives to describe his work, both the quality of it and the sheer amount of output he generates. I don't know of any other human on the planet that can write/publish so many books and sustain such high quality. He is simply amazing.

This novel that I currently read is, of course, no exception. From the very first page, I was lost in this new world Sanderson has created. Yes, it's a young adult novel, but the only reason to classify it as such is that the main character, David, is 18 years old. But in every other way, this is a main-stream novel, filled with violence, action, and thought-provoking characters. In essence, this could be called a "super-hero" novel (mostly evil super-heroes) so I suppose that's another reason to classify it as YA. And we are treated to some inner thoughts from David that testify to his late-teenage attitudes towards others and self doubt. But I found them to be very true to the nature of the character, and essential to the plot.

I recommend this book to all.
[Image: master645.png]

“Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination.” ― The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson

Reply





Messages In This Thread
Books - by Oni - 02-22-2015, 11:06 PM
RE: Books - by roger_smith - 02-22-2015, 11:12 PM
RE: Books - by Master - 02-24-2015, 04:12 PM
RE: Books - by . . - 02-24-2015, 09:44 PM
RE: Books - by Master - 02-24-2015, 11:38 PM
RE: Books - by . . - 02-25-2015, 02:18 AM
RE: Books - by Nyx - 02-25-2015, 02:34 AM
RE: Books - by FluidGFX - 02-25-2015, 04:24 AM
RE: Books - by Eclipse - 02-26-2015, 07:17 PM
RE: Books - by Anime - 02-26-2015, 07:27 PM
RE: Books - by Oni - 02-27-2015, 02:43 PM
RE: Books - by Alex - 02-27-2015, 06:20 PM
RE: Books - by Saikou - 02-28-2015, 09:30 PM
RE: Books - by ArmandoArmando - 03-07-2015, 06:07 AM
RE: Books - by therriault - 03-07-2015, 07:03 AM
RE: Books - by Glacier - 03-16-2015, 02:13 AM
RE: Books - by Gon - 03-16-2015, 10:41 PM
RE: Books - by Uzinero - 03-18-2015, 10:36 PM
RE: Books - by Gon - 03-18-2015, 11:26 PM