RE: When should kids be allowed to use the internet? 02-05-2015, 02:17 PM
#48
I am constantly under my father's restrictions. On my computer, Family Safety makes me unable to run apps not on the whitelist and locks me out after an hour. On my phone, I'm tracked with Android Device Manager. Personally I'm able to bypass some of them.
I have a mixed reaction to these restrictions. On one hand I feel terribly restricted and envious of friends running around with admin privileges on their computers. On the other, it does help build this "hacker" mentality in me to try to learn more about the system so I can "break out". I know it's wrong but I like it. When doing it, I learn about keeping myself safe, and not dicking around on the internet. :3
I have a mixed reaction to these restrictions. On one hand I feel terribly restricted and envious of friends running around with admin privileges on their computers. On the other, it does help build this "hacker" mentality in me to try to learn more about the system so I can "break out". I know it's wrong but I like it. When doing it, I learn about keeping myself safe, and not dicking around on the internet. :3

![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)