Login Register






Multi-threading Help? filter_list
Author
Message
RE: Multi-threading Help? #5
(01-24-2015, 08:03 PM)blackhatcat Wrote: Spawning processes is a bit slower than spawning threads. Once they are running, there is not much difference. You're welcome to look up the pros and cons of both though and see which one you like more.

Personally, I usually go with multithreading because it's what I'm used to and gets the job done.
So I feel like it comes down to preference, most people will want multithreading but multiprocessing can work just as well.

I've read that multithreading is a little difficult in Python, because of the way the interpreter works. Something to do with the global interpreter lock.

Reply





Messages In This Thread
Multi-threading Help? - by Eclipse - 01-24-2015, 04:36 PM
RE: Multi-threading Help? - by blackhatcat - 01-24-2015, 06:55 PM
RE: Multi-threading Help? - by Eclipse - 01-24-2015, 07:42 PM
RE: Multi-threading Help? - by blackhatcat - 01-24-2015, 08:03 PM
RE: Multi-threading Help? - by Eclipse - 01-24-2015, 08:26 PM
RE: Multi-threading Help? - by Arthur Curry - 01-24-2015, 09:45 PM