RE: Learning Java 01-11-2015, 07:23 AM
#17
(01-07-2015, 05:22 AM)phyrrus9 Wrote: I think you should know a little of everything, and master a few. I do not believe that you should master Java. That's like mastering the use of a flywheel wrench, which you will use once, maybe twice in your lifetime. Or if you are a mechanic you will use it maybe once a year.
But that is just your opinion -- and a very poor opinion that is based on seemingly nothing. It took me all of 20 seconds to find over 30 thousand job listings for Java developers that would pay a six figure salary. You are wrong again due to your irrational hatred of a programming language that is used around the world and by some of the largest corporations in the world.
In terms of exploitation and security some of the largest and most visible exploits in recent memory have been done on Java-based systems (struts, coldfusion, JBoss, TWikiDraw (moinmelt)) not to mention the vulnerabilities found within the JRE itself. If this is not demonstrative of the need for more experienced Java developers then I don't know what is.


![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)