Login Register






External Issues filter_list
Author
Message
RE: External Issues #4
My laptop and desktop are fine. The Hard Drives are all fine, the one I'm concerned about is the external hard-drive, which, I'm confused as to why it's no longer working. I'll try to re-install the driver.

(12-17-2014, 03:53 AM)Losi Wrote: Do you think it's your laptop's usb ports? Try using a usb flashdrive or other storage device to see if it's recognized. If everything else works but your external HDD still doesn't get recognized try these steps:
step 1: open CMD type CHKDSK /f "x:" (x = your corrupted drive name) (/f means "fixing" the problem)

it will run a 3 stage verification.

step 2: type CHKDSK /r x: (/r means "repairing" the problem)

it have 5 stages and could take a long time but it will repair your drive .

More in depth help here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/libra...30714.aspx

That didn't even find the drive, nor fix it. Instead it told me I have insufficient access.

The driver didn't work either. I might have to see if I can get all the data recovered by a professional, but that's risky, seeing as I have like 700 gigs of movies and music on there
(This post was last modified: 12-17-2014, 04:44 AM by Kilshot666.)

Reply





Messages In This Thread
External Issues - by Kilshot666 - 12-17-2014, 03:17 AM
RE: External Issues - by panther. - 12-17-2014, 03:52 AM
RE: External Issues - by Losi - 12-17-2014, 03:53 AM
RE: External Issues - by Kilshot666 - 12-17-2014, 04:29 AM
RE: External Issues - by phyrrus9 - 12-19-2014, 10:07 PM
RE: External Issues - by Kilshot666 - 12-20-2014, 11:21 PM
RE: External Issues - by roger_smith - 12-20-2014, 11:32 PM
RE: External Issues - by phyrrus9 - 12-21-2014, 12:31 AM
RE: External Issues - by roger_smith - 12-21-2014, 08:03 PM
RE: External Issues - by Kilshot666 - 12-25-2014, 11:04 PM
RE: External Issues - by phyrrus9 - 12-26-2014, 10:20 AM
RE: External Issues - by pizzaguy541 - 12-26-2014, 10:53 AM